DM
Posted By
dave milbut
Aug 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
F5 should do it. If not, try to "Purge Cache" and let it rebuild.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CM
Cory McNutt
Aug 25, 2003
Thanks Dave…I went and tried the "purge" thing, reranked, and tried both the pull-down refresh command and the F5 and nothing, they all stay in the same place! Any other thoughts? Cory
P
Phosphor
Aug 25, 2003
If you like the file browser, look at getting a third party version. Adobe’s is pretty weak in comparison. I use iMatch, you can do things like add keywords, see the cameras exif data, index images stored on CD-ROM, etc. Just drag and drop to open. And it’s cheap $50 (hello Extensis!!!).
CM
Cory McNutt
Aug 25, 2003
Thanks Eric…I will check iMatch out. Does it take the place of PS’s, in other words is it integrated like a "plug-in" or is it completely separate?

I’m still disappointed that PS’s isn’t working…what could I be doing wrong?
CM
Cory McNutt
Aug 26, 2003
My problem was solved and it was right under my nose…I didn’t tell it to sort by rank. It was still trying to sort by file name so they never moved! How stupid. Thanks for not laughing, oh, you are.

Cory
CM
Cory McNutt
Aug 26, 2003
Hey Eric…I looked at that iMatch and it really looks nice…it does say that it intergrates PS, but what that means I don’t know. It sounded like there was a "button" in PS that you could press and take you right to iMatch and then back to PS when you were done. I was thinking of downloading the trial version to try it out.

Cory
P
Phosphor
Aug 27, 2003
hahaha, I’ve not noticed. I hadn’t used it that long before and I rebuilt my OS a week ago and haven’t reinstalled it. Thanks for the heads up. I was just dragging files in.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections