O
Posted By
omnigate
Apr 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an image of an off-white, light grey T-Shirt with a white background. It’s an RGB image and was wondering how to make it a sage green shirt. I’ve experimented with the Channels, adj layer and Color Balance to no avail. The values I’m trying to get to are:

Sage Green:
R: 144
G: 170
B: 144

The color balance seems to be mostly for just tweaking colors (ie if too much red in an image) although I can get pretty close, doesn’t seem like the correct tool. Any ideas? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
ReKvest-or
Apr 8, 2007
wrote:

I have an image of an off-white, light grey T-Shirt with a white background. It’s an RGB image and was wondering how to make it a sage green shirt. I’ve experimented with the Channels, adj layer and Color Balance to no avail. The values I’m trying to get to are:
Sage Green:

The color balance seems to be mostly for just tweaking colors (ie if too much red in an image) although I can get pretty close, doesn’t seem like the correct tool. Any ideas? Thanks.

Select the shirt carefully.
Set your foreground color to sage green.
Set the brush to about 30% opacity.
Paint over until you reach the saturation you like.
T
Talker
Apr 8, 2007
On 7 Apr 2007 11:47:19 -0700, wrote:

Sage Green:

Use the Magic Lasso tool and draw around the shirt to select it. Once you’ve done that, go to "Image"…"Adjustments"…..and click on "Hue/Saturation".
In the window that pops up, in the "Edit" box make sure you’ve selected "Master".
Make sure you check the box "Colorize", and the box below it "Preview".
Move the "Hue" slider to about 88.
Move the "Saturation" slider to about 17
Move the "Lightness" slider to about -16
I just played with the sliders and arrived at those rough numbers. You might want to play with them a bit more if it’s not quite right.

Talker
T
Talker
Apr 8, 2007
On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 23:30:25 -0500, Talker wrote:

Sage Green:

Use the Magic Lasso tool and draw around the shirt to select it. Once you’ve done that, go to "Image"…"Adjustments"…..and click on "Hue/Saturation".
In the window that pops up, in the "Edit" box make sure you’ve selected "Master".
I just played with the sliders and arrived at those rough numbers. You might want to play with them a bit more if it’s not quite right.

Talker

That should have been, "Use the Lasso tool", not the Magic Lasso tool. Sorry about that.

Talker
O
omnigate
Apr 9, 2007
On Apr 7, 10:57 pm, Talker wrote:
On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 23:30:25 -0500, Talker wrote:

Sage Green:

Talker

That should have been, "Use the Lasso tool", not the Magic Lasso tool. Sorry about that.

Talker- Hide quoted text –

– Show quoted text –

Thanks Talker and ReKvest-or for your valuable input, I really appreciate your time prosposing these solutions! I’ll work with your respective replies and see what I can accomplish. Cheers.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections