W
Posted By
Windwatcher
Apr 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop 7.0 won’t install on my new laptop — I get error 704, Setup.ins file has become currupted.

What can I do about this?

Thanks very much for any help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Apr 7, 2007
"Windwatcher" wrote in message
Photoshop 7.0 won’t install on my new laptop — I get error 704, Setup.ins file has become currupted.

Try copying the entire CD to a temporary folder on your PC and install from there.

TWK
W
Windwatcher
Apr 7, 2007
Thanks for the response. I tried copying it, but it nearly hug the computer and finally I got a CRC error message. So it looks like something happened to the disk, which I find hard to understand since its been in its jewel case since I last installed it on my old laptop. I was trying to put it o my new one since the oldone is going to become a server, backup storage device.

According to their website, Adobe replaces only disks purchased fairly recently – something like 3 months.

"Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi Won > wrote in message

Try copying the entire CD to a temporary folder on your PC and install from there.

TWK

W
Windwatcher
Apr 7, 2007
I finally got it to copy OK–I copied the Photoshop folder and the Autoplay files BUt when I click setup,exe the message is thatit can’t find the installation languages in setup.lid file, error 105. I tried moving all the auto play folders into the photoshop folder, but that didn’t help. Is there something wrong I’m doing?

TWK

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Apr 7, 2007
I finally got it to copy OK–I copied the Photoshop folder and the Autoplay files BUt when I click setup,exe the message is thatit can’t find the installation languages in setup.lid file, error 105. I tried moving all the auto play folders into the photoshop folder, but that didn’t help. Is there something wrong I’m doing?

W,

No sign of damage to the CD?
You have created a temporary folder on your PC?
You have put the CD in the drive, accessed it via Windows Explorer with "Show Hidden files and Folders" selected via Tools>Folder Options>View.? Then, Ctrl+A will select all files and folders on the CD; Crtl+C copies the selected files, then Ctrl+V to paste them into your temp directory. Any "stray" files/folders need to be in the same "locations" as on the CD.

HTH
TWK

TWK

KC
Kevin C
Apr 8, 2007
I finally got it to copy OK–I copied the Photoshop folder and the Autoplay files BUt when I click setup,exe the message is thatit can’t find the installation languages in setup.lid file, error 105. I tried moving all the auto play folders into the photoshop folder, but that didn’t help.
Is there something wrong I’m doing?

W,

You have put the CD in the drive, accessed it via Windows Explorer with "Show Hidden files and Folders" selected via Tools>Folder Options>View.? Then, Ctrl+A will select all files and folders on the CD; Crtl+C copies the selected files, then Ctrl+V to paste them into your temp directory. Any "stray" files/folders need to be in the same "locations" as on the CD.
HTH
TWK

TWK

You could try copying the CD with Nero or similar, I’ve managed to rescue a couple of disks this way.
W
Windwatcher
Apr 13, 2007
I finally got back to this problem. I’m getting a crc error for the setup.exe file on the CD, but I did apparently get an OK copy earlier to the hard disk. I carefully copied al the other files, but also get a CRC error for the big data1.cab file.

Would a data recovery program be able to restore this file? Thanks for all your help.

I finally got it to copy OK–I copied the Photoshop folder and the Autoplay files BUt when I click setup,exe the message is thatit can’t find the installation languages in setup.lid file, error 105. I tried moving all the auto play folders into the photoshop folder, but that didn’t help.

W,

HTH
TWK

TWK

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Apr 14, 2007
I finally got back to this problem. I’m getting a crc error for the setup.exe file on the CD, but I did apparently get an OK copy earlier to the hard disk. I carefully copied al the other files, but also get a CRC error for the big data1.cab file.

Would a data recovery program be able to restore this file? Thanks for all your help.

No harm in giving it a try.
First thing I would have done is give Adobe a bell to see what they would do.
When you "buy" software, you do not actually buy it, you buy the the permssion/licence to to use it and as such any problems with the media should be resolved under the terms of the licence (no use having one if the software is unusable)
Then I would check my hard drive for problems; how old is yours? Could you have any damaged sectors to which the CD files are being copied? Do an error check for bad sectors on your HD.

TWK

W,

HTH
TWK

TWK

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections