HS
Posted By
Herbert_Stuart_Brown
Jun 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just bought an Olympus 8080wz camera. Associated with this camera Olympus provide a plug-in for Photoshop to handle RAW files. I have downloaded and unzipped this plug-in and copied to the plug-in folder in Photoshop Elements 1. However, Photoshop will still not recognise RAW files.

How can I get Photoshop Elements v1 to recognise the photos taken on the 8080 in RAW format. I am using a PC with XP pro, 1mb of ram.

Any advice will be much appreciated

Stuart Brown

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PA
Patti Anderson
Jun 29, 2004
Did you try File menu>Import? The plug-in doesn’t make it possible to "open" the .orf files, you have to import them.

When I added the RAW plug-in file (orf2rgb.8bf) I had to add it to the Import-Export folder under Plug-Ins. In Elements 2 the path is: Photoshop Elements 2\Plug-Ins\Import-Export

Patti
HS
Herbert_Stuart_Brown
Jun 29, 2004
Thank you Patti. I have now got the plug-in properly established.

Unfortunately, I am not able to import RAW files. I have checked with Olympus and they tell me that the files from the 8080 can be dealt with; even though the manual says that they can.

The 8080 is new, so I am hoping that this omission will be soon corrected.

Meanwhile I will have use Camedia if I want to deal with RAW files. Pity, I like Photoshop Elements.

Thanks again for your help.

Stuart
R
resthome
Jul 13, 2004
"Patti Anderson" wrote in message
Did you try File menu>Import? The plug-in doesn’t make it possible to
"open" the .orf files, you have to import them.
When I added the RAW plug-in file (orf2rgb.8bf) I had to add it to the
Import-Export folder under Plug-Ins. In Elements 2 the path is: Photoshop Elements 2\Plug-Ins\Import-Export
Patti

Not sure about the Olympus RAW plug-in. But it has the same .8bf extension as my Nikon RAW plug-in. Try putting it in the Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2\Plug-Ins\File Formats folder.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections