540×23 image causes runtime error "R6025 – pure virtual function call"

Posted By
700×23
Mar 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After installing PS7 on a fresh XP Pro machine, I keep getting the following error when I try to save an image that is 540 pixels by 23 pixels. No problems with any other sized images, and it doesn’t matter the contents of the image.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Photoshop.exe R6025
– pure virtual function call

I had the same problem after installing fresh in Vista, so I don’t think it is the OS. The problem is repeatable and happens every time. Disk drive / network drive does not matter. New, 540 pixels x 23 pixels, Save As, [crash].

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TW
Toobi Won Kenobi
Mar 20, 2007
wrote in message
After installing PS7 on a fresh XP Pro machine, I keep getting the following error when I try to save an image that is 540 pixels by 23 pixels. No problems with any other sized images, and it doesn’t matter the contents of the image.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Photoshop.exe R6025
– pure virtual function call

I had the same problem after installing fresh in Vista, so I don’t think it is the OS. The problem is repeatable and happens every time. Disk drive / network drive does not matter. New, 540 pixels x 23 pixels, Save As, [crash].
I’ve never seen this problem in PS7, CS and CS2, yes. A pure virtual function call is either a programming error or the result of a missing/corrupt file, as I am sure you are aware. It can also be caused by a corrupt font, preset or plug in. Have you ever been able to save at this size? Are you creating a new image at this size or cropping an existing one to this size? Have you tried making a crop tool preset of 540px * 23x and cropping and saving an existing image?
There was an upgrade for PS7 to PS7.1 but I don’t know if it’s still available, worth a search?
If it’s a new installation, it’s unlikely (but not unheard of) that you have a corrupt prefs file, to delete the file. hold down the alt+control+shift keys whilst starting PS. If you get the timing right you will be asked if you want to delete this file, you do; a new one will be created at startup.

TWK

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections