Can’t get downloaded brushes to work HELP PLEASE!

D
Posted By
Dessira
Mar 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m downloading brushes at home and at work. And when I’m downloading them it automatically chooses to open with PhotoShop as a default…but when I look in PhotoShop I can’t find them! I’ve checked and all of the brushes are made for PhotoShop CS2 which I have…what’s going on?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Mar 15, 2007
Just download them to your desktop (or wherever). Don’t open the "*.abr" files with anything. Of course, you’ll have to unZIP them if they’re compressed, but that’s it. I suggest then immediately moving them into the Presets folder inside the Photoshop folder, just for organizational purposes.

Then, from Photoshop, go to Edit—>Preset Manager…and load them from there.

Don’t know about using the Preset Manager? The Help Files and/or PDF User Manual should tell you all you need to know.

Come back if you get stuck.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections