Posted By
john_r._lannon
Jun 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I am new to Photoshop Elements, being a confirmed user of PhotoDeluxe these many years. I was wondering how to control the spacing between lines of text. Everytime I enter a carriage return in text, I get an extremely large distance between each line, essentially the font size. Changing the font size changes the line spacing proportionly, but really what I’d like to have is each line underneath each other. I’ve attempted to search the knowledgebase and manual, but they seem to concentrate on graphics, not text. Any pertainent informaton would be appreciated. Thank you.

Photoshop Elements 2.0 on Mac OS 10.3.4.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 26, 2004
Elements is extremely poor at text. Those of us who do multiple lines of text don’t use return; it’s much easier to type each line on a new layer so you can set the spacing you want.
JR
john_r._lannon
Jun 26, 2004
I think what I saw was an aberation. After looking on google, I followed the suggestions of several people to trash the preference file and viola, line spacing was reasonable. I was doing a song list for a CD and I really don’t want to create 20 different lines just to get a reasonable line spacing. How the pref file got fouled up I don’t know because this is a new install.

What is interesting is that PhotoDeluxe had a separate text window that came up independent of the image being manipulated. Unfortunately I have had to abandon PhotoDeluxe because I can’t get my printer to print (HP PSC 1350) in Classic (I can’t boot into OS 9).

I really liked PhotoDeluxe mainly because of its ease of use. I don’t really need all the bells and whistles, just the ability to read and manipulate my old PhotoDeluxe files. In some respects Adobe has taken several steps backwards with Photoshop Elements.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 26, 2004
I have no knownledge of Photoshop Deluxe… But can you save your photodeluxe documents in PSD (Photoshop format) and then, print them with PSE? That is, if you’re still have to run classic from X.

Ray
JR
john_r._lannon
Jun 27, 2004
Yes you can do that, but its a pain in the ***, going between classic and OS 10. What would be nice is if Photoshop Elements let you manipulate text the same way PhotoDeluxe did, i.e. a separate window pops up and you put your text in.

I do like the flexibility built in to text manipulation in Photoshop Elements. The ability to change fonts, size, and colors within the same text box as well as warping the text are nice features that PhotoDeluxe did not have.

For the most part, this is a learning curve issue on my part. PhotoDeluxe is no more; hail Photoshop Elements.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections