How do I remove the background on a photo?

S
Posted By
StacyJavernick
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had an Adobe Photo program which came free with my HP scanner, so when I bought my new computer & HP all-in-one I went out and bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0
The new program is totally different than my old program. In the old program I was able to trace an object/person and delete the background. I could then save my object/person to "Hold photo" while I opened a new background. I could then pull my object/photo out of hold photo and add it as the top layer.
How do you trace an object/person and remove the background in this program? Where do you save the object/person to while you are preparing the new background? Thanks so very much! Stacy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 24, 2004
Stacy,

There are several ways of tracing a person and removing the background but one is:

Trace round the person with the lasso then do Edit>Copy followed by Edit>Paste this will paste your person onto a new layer. (Try it and then take a look at the Layers Palette and view the layers.) You can then play around with the existing background, create a new one on a new layer or bring one in from another photograph (you can use Edit>Copy on one photograph then Edit>Paste on your existing one and you will then have an alternative background).

Take another look at the layers palette and turn the layers on and off by clicking on the little eyeball symbol at the side of each layer.

Wendy
JJ
JoAn_J_Yost
Jun 24, 2004
another one is to use the selection brush, and making sure the check is in mask, paint over what you want to put onto a new background. when you have it painted invert it to see if you are in the lines. (remind you of a childs color book?) and then check the selection box. then go from where Wendy told you about copy and paste.
S
StacyJavernick
Jun 28, 2004
Thanks! I wish it was as easy as coloring in a child’s color book. I will try your suggestions. Thanks again! Stacy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections