Posted By
firebuffgal
Mar 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’d appreciate some help here: Windows XP; Photoshop CS

I installed some brush files.abr into my Brush folder.

I have been able to use them without any issues at all. No freezing. No problems.

I tried to uninstall these brushes by removing the .abr file from the Brush folder. They still remain in the brush palette even though the .abr file does not. I then tried to add another brush but it did not load to the palette.

Then I went to Application Data/Adobe/etc/etc/ and moved the Brushes.psp file out of my folder to the desktop. It removed the brush files I had added. A new brushes.psp file did NOT appear, like I thought it would, and I was unable to add any new brushes. The palette maintained the defaults, however.

So, I moved the Brushes.psp file back and I still have the added brushes.abr even though the abr file is not in the brush folder and I still can’t add any new brushes.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Mar 10, 2007
Try deleting the brushes with the Presets Manager.

Quit out of Photshop and restart your computer.
R
RobertHJones
Mar 10, 2007
The brushes in the brushes palette are a working set that is retained until you change it. You can add brushes to it, remove brushes from it, define new brushes, or reset it to the default brushes. The ".abr" files are not part of the brushes palette and deleting them will not change the palette contents. Deleting the ".abr" file only means you won’t be able to load it later.

To reset your brushes palette, look in the same flyout menu that you used to load the brush sets, you will see the "reset brushes…" menu item. Use that to reset your palette to the default brushes. If you have created any new brushes using define brush, you should save those as a new brush set (this will create an ".abr" file) before your reset the palette or you will lose them.

If you want to just delete certain brushes, I find it easiest to use the Preset Manager.

Changes are immediate, you don’t need to exit Photoshop or restart your computer.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections