BK
Posted By
Bill_Kim
Mar 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After much troubleshooting, I’ve isolated the cause of my problem. Whenever my wireless NIC is enabled, opening up any kind of file in photoshop is pretty much impossible. It’ll open, after running for 10+ minutes.

If I disable the wireless NIC, everything is fine.

Anyone have any ideas on how to overcome this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RO
Roland_O._Clifford_III
Mar 14, 2007
Turn off NIC Card or wireless setup
JZ
Joe_Zydeco
Mar 14, 2007
Any chance that you have a network printer set up in Windows? PS may be waiting for a response from a printer that is not there.
BK
Bill_Kim
Mar 14, 2007
Thanks Joe…didn’t even think about that being a problem. When I deleted the network printer, everything worked normally.

Now I just have to figure out how to set up the printer so that when I’m not connected to the network I connect to occassionally, it doesn’t interfere.

Thanks again.

B
JZ
Joe_Zydeco
Mar 15, 2007
Bill, you definitely should not have to delete the printer. I don’t have a networked printer set up right now, but this is worth a try. In Control Panel>Printers and Faxes, right-click the bad-boy printer and click Use Printer Offline. Or, on the same drop-down, click Sharing and turn sharing off. Dialogs for remote printers are somewhat different from those for a local printer, so I’m not sure whether either of those options will be available to you. If not, I suspect some similar option will make PS happy again.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections