RM
Posted By
Russ_Myer
Jun 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Photoshop Elements 2.0 When I attempt to lasso an area, I get: "Warning: No pixels are more than 50% selected. The selected edges will not be visible." Sometimes, I get the outline compleged and when I click on the starting point, the whole outline disappears. Other times, I get a reduced area, to a circle, or ragged areas, etc. I REALLY need this lasso mode to lighten some faces in some important photos. THanks for your help; "Doc" Russ (I run Win98 S.E. 512 mem; 2 Gig CPU; S.Blas. AWe video.)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 19, 2004
Doc

Two things come to mind either you are working on a layer that has no pixels or you have your feathering set to high. Your description of completing an outline and having the selection disappear or the circle shrink would indicate it is most likely that you have feathering set too high. You can change the feather value in the "Feather" Option box just under the menus. The smaller the number the less that will be feathered.

Grant
D
davee
Jun 20, 2004
As a possible alternative, have you tried Enhance, Adjust Lighting, Fill Flash?
JJ
JoAn_J_Yost
Jun 21, 2004
another which I use a lot is the selection brush. You paint on the mask and then change to a selection. I like it better than a lasso because you can invert it and repaint any things out of the line, and then reinvert it, select it and you have your marching ants.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections