BC
Posted By
barry_copplestone
Jun 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I am running photoshop elements 2.0 on osx for mac. All of a sudden when I try to save a pic for the web it reads that there is an export command error. Does anyone know how to fix this? thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 18, 2004
Barry,

Have you tried deleting the prefs ….

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down Apple, Alt and Shift. Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Also try deleting the Save for Web prefs …

Wendy
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 18, 2004
I have had a similar error message, "too large for the clipboard to export" and then nothing happens. Then about 5 seconds later, there is my ‘saved for web’ picture all happy and waiting for me on the desktop. The error message just sort of flashes and then goes away before it seems to finish its "message"
It seems to have no effect on the saving.
This only happens with HUGE files.
I am using OS 10.3.4.
Jane
BC
barry_copplestone
Jun 21, 2004
Thanks for your help. I tried deleting the settings but that didn’t work. How do I delete the save for web preferences?
Thanks again!
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 22, 2004
Hold down Ctrl+Alt, then choose Save For Web.
You should get a dialog asking if you want to delete Save For Web preferences. Choose yes.
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 22, 2004
Ummm… if I recall correctly, that shortcut only works on Windows installations.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 22, 2004
Oh, Tosh involved here?

Then it’s probably control+command keys?

M
BC
barry_copplestone
Jun 25, 2004
I still won’t let me delet save for web preferences. Any other ideas?
M
MarkATS
Jun 25, 2004
Save For Web preferences can be found in ~\library\preferences\Adobe Save For Web 3.0 Prefs
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 25, 2004
The Shortcut doesn’t work on the Mac so you need to follow Mark’s instructions in order to delete the web prefs.

Wendy
GG
George_Garrigues
Jul 5, 2004
I’ve been having the same trouble, ever since I ran Spring Cleaning and stupidly moved some prefs onto a floppy. Now the darned program wants me to insert the floppy every time I run it.

And I get an error message when I try to "Save for Web."

I have reinstalled the program.

Where do I find this library file?

Thanks for your help.

George Garrigues
BC
barry_copplestone
Jul 7, 2004
George,
I ran spring cleaning too. Maybe that’s why this happening. I tried reinstalling also. I don’t know how to get to this library-preferences though. This is my computer at work so I don’t know it very well.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 7, 2004
Neither of you have given much info about the operating systems you’re using, and that’s always pretty important when you’re asking where to find a specific file. Barry says he’s using OS X, but not which one. I’ll just assume George is also using some flavor of OS X. If so, each of you regularly access your Home folder, because that’s where all of your personal files are. Open it, and then follow this path that was posted earlier:

\library\preferences\Adobe Save For Web 3.0 Prefs

If you still can’t find it, post with more specific information on the OS.
GG
George_Garrigues
Jul 10, 2004
I am running 9.1.

I found the pref and trashed it. Now everything is working fine.

Thank you.

My big problem before is that I did not trash the pref but put it into a "holding folder" on the Desktop.

It actually has to go into the Trash before your fix will take effect.

Again, thanks.

George

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections