Posted By
PJMonty
Feb 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have a PhotoShop file that has three numbered "things" that appear whenever I select a tool that can modify the image. For example, if I hit the eraser, the clone tool, etc, I get these things that sort of look like numbered bullseyes or registration marks. They aren’t part of the image because they don’t scale up or down as I resize the view.

Can someone tell me what they are and how to get rid of them? I tried the help file but couldn’t find anything since I don’t even know what they are.

Thanks,
PeterM

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Feb 13, 2007
They’re Color Samplers, which is a tool that is grouped in your Tool Box with the Eyedropper.

Look at your info palette, and you will see that there are readings which correspond to the numbered samplers.

To get rid of them select the Color Sampler tool. Hold your ALT key, and when you hover your cursor over each sampler in your image you’ll see it turn into a scissors. Click, and the sampler will disappear.
P
PJMonty
Feb 13, 2007
That was it! I really appreciate the help. They were driving me nuts.

Thanks,
PeterM
P
Phosphor
Feb 13, 2007
You’re welcome Peter.

We luvs da easy questions ’round here!

🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections