Posted By
Mark_Borok
Dec 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has this happened to anyone else here?

I open Photoshop and load in a document. If I try to paint with the brush, the brush leaves a single circular dab where I click on the screen, and doesn’t move from there. That is, each time I try to draw a stroke, it just puts a single dab at the start of the stroke and that’s it.

If I try to make a marquee selection, it creates a marquee with the upper left corner at the upper left corner of the image, and the lower right corner where I clicked the mouse, and will not resize the marquee as I drag. If create a new layer from the selected region and try to drag it across the screen, it always snaps back to where it started as soon as I let go the mouse. If I nudge it with the arrow keys, it moves to a different position as expected, but then when I try to drag it again, it snaps back to its last position.

This bug crops up at random, and disappears at random. Just now it disappeared when I tried using my mouse, instead of the Wacom tablet, to paint.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Dec 11, 2008
Sounds like it could be a Wacom driver issue or Wacom hardware malfunction. Make sure you have the latest Wacom driver.

You need to give details in order to get help. CLICK HERE <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9> for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!
JF
john_findley
Dec 12, 2008
If you think the Wacom driver is interfering, somehow, with your mouse control, remove it (the driver) using Uninstall and see if it solves your mouse problem.
Try moving your mouse and your Wacom to different USB connections.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 12, 2008
Which kind of mouse are you using?
JF
john_findley
Dec 12, 2008
In my experience, random problems are sometimes the result of loose, incomplete, short-circuited or in other ways just bad hardware connections.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections