LaCie CRT Monitor Calibration Software (initial settings)

B
Posted By
Bobby77501
Feb 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the LaCie Blue Eye Vision colorimeter for my LaCie Monitor. Before calibration begins, I am asked to set the Gamma, degrees Kelvin and another variable (something like cd/m2 [but may not be exact because I am writing this from a location other than where my hardware resides]). There are no instructions on how to set these parameters and LaCie says they cannot provide any help. The colorimeter sets the monitor’s (LaCie) profile. There are no ‘default’ settings for these three parameters. Can someone guide me through how to set these and what each one does to the monitor profile. Thank you……

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RM
RC Moonpie
Feb 8, 2007
On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 14:04:36 -0500, "Fruit2O" wrote:

I have the LaCie Blue Eye Vision colorimeter for my LaCie Monitor. Before calibration begins, I am asked to set the Gamma, degrees Kelvin and another variable (something like cd/m2 [but may not be exact because I am writing this from a location other than where my hardware resides]). There are no instructions on how to set these parameters and LaCie says they cannot provide any help. The colorimeter sets the monitor’s (LaCie) profile. There are no ‘default’ settings for these three parameters. Can someone guide me through how to set these and what each one does to the monitor profile. Thank you……

I found that LaCie software to be more or less useless. I got better results with Adobe Gamma. I’d suggest you do yourself a favor and buy a thrid party calibrator. Ebay is your friend.

"Hi,
Please check your facts,
Regards."
B
Bobby77501
Feb 8, 2007
I appreciateyour opinion (I really do) – but, even though I don’t know how to correctly set the initial parameters on their driver, I got a monitor profile that works pretty good. Also, went back and checked it against Adobe Gamma and it was pretty close. I’m one of those people who wants to learn how to do ‘better’ all the time. Also, when I purchased the colorimeter, it cost me over $500 and, for that kind of money, I’m going to be stubborn and learn all I can about how to use it. Thanks………

"RC_Moonpie" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 14:04:36 -0500, "Fruit2O" wrote:
I have the LaCie Blue Eye Vision colorimeter for my LaCie Monitor. Before calibration begins, I am asked to set the Gamma, degrees Kelvin and another
variable (something like cd/m2 [but may not be exact because I am writing this from a location other than where my hardware resides]). There are no instructions on how to set these parameters and LaCie says they cannot provide any help. The colorimeter sets the monitor’s (LaCie) profile. There are no ‘default’ settings for these three parameters. Can someone guide me through how to set these and what each one does to the monitor profile. Thank you……

I found that LaCie software to be more or less useless. I got better results with Adobe Gamma. I’d suggest you do yourself a favor and buy a thrid party calibrator. Ebay is your friend.

"Hi,
Please check your facts,
Regards."

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections