AD
Posted By
Al_Dugan
Feb 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a bunch of jpg files that I simply want to resize by 50% and save over the original file. So I created an action which resizes the image by 50% and then saves and closes the file. then I created a droplet from this action, however for every single image the JPG quality dialog box comes up at the end and I have to click ok. How do I make this droplet work so that dialog box doesn’t come up and it simpy saves at the same quality setting each time?

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
chrisjbirchall
Feb 8, 2007
have a bunch of jpg files that I simply want to resize by 50%

Explore the Image Processor (under the "tools" menu in Bridge) much better way of doing this.

and save over the original file.

Don’t! What if something goes wrong, or if you suddenly find you need the larger file again? Image Processor automatically creates a new folder for the resized files.

Hope this helps.

Chris.
AD
Al_Dugan
Feb 8, 2007
Thanks, I didn’t know about the Adobe Bridge Image processor. However, I still run into the same problem using that… the dialog box still pops up.

Also, it’s not really the true original file I am saving over so I am not worried about any mistakes being made. I have all the true original files saved elsewhere as RAW images.

How do I prevent that dialog box from showing up constantly?
C
chrisjbirchall
Feb 8, 2007
I still run into the same problem using that… the dialog box still pops up.

Something is not right here. There is no way the dialogue box should/can pop up using Image Processor. You set the Jpeg compression in the IP dialogue itself.

Are you also running an action via the processor? Could that inadvertently have a "save" step in it?
AD
Al_Dugan
Feb 8, 2007
"Are you also running an action via the processor?" Yes

"Could that inadvertently have a "save" step in it?" and Yes.

But how else would I shrink every file by 50% first? (It looks like the image processor only allows you to resize with specific pixel dimensions.)
C
chrisjbirchall
Feb 8, 2007
Okaaaay.

So you don’t want your final files to be a uniform size? Just 50% of the original size. Is that right?

In that case. Write a new action which just resizes to 50%. Nothing else. Certainly no "save" step.

Then run IP calling the new action and without checking the "Resize to Fit" checkbox.

That way the action will resize the image whilst Image Processor takes care of the destination and Jpeg quality setting.
AD
Al_Dugan
Feb 8, 2007
Sweet, that’s exactly what I needed.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections