MV
Posted By
Marie_Vandaveer
Feb 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed Adobe Home Edition 3.0 for Windows on my computer. I have Windows XP Home Edition.

When I tried to use it, it told me to find and install EPS Parser plug-in for Adobe Photo Deluxe Home Edition 3.0–I found the plug-in on the net and downloaded it and installed it. It told me to "put" it in the Adobe Folder. It’s in the Adobe box, sitting by itself in it’s own box, next to Adobe Photo Deluxe Home Edition 3.0 for Windows.

How do I move it into the Adobe Box? I’m just a beginner! I have tried to drag and drop and copy and paste. Neither worked.

Please, if anyone is out there that has had experience with this Parser plug-in or someone who can tell me how to get it into the Adobe folder,
I would REALLY appreciate it. Help me, Lynne

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
RobertHJones
Feb 7, 2007
Marie,

Adobe PhotoDeluxe was discontinued years ago and even the user-to-user support forum for it is gone. Home Edition 3.0 wasn’t even the last version of the product. You really should consider moving to a current photo editing product. Both Photoshop Elements and Photoshop can read and use the PDD files created by PhotoDeluxe if you are concerned about losing your previous work. Of course, there will be a learning curve involved — none of the products lead you by the hand like Photodeluxe did. But, frankly, it’s worth it.

That said, PhotoDeluxe 3 will run under Windows XP. I wouldn’t bet on it running under the new Vista operating system. Once upon a time, I actually had it running on my Windows XP system (a carry over from when I migrated over from Windows98). I did install the revised EPS Parser plugin. The official plugin is located here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=933

Once you download the plugin patch, just execute it and follow the directions. It’s been too many years to remember what it said to do. And, too many years to remember the directory structure for PhotoDeluxe. I seem to remember that the instructions were fairly explicit. The plugin goes in the Adobe PhotoDeluxe directory which should be located in your programs directory. Look in "C:\Program Files\". It might be under the "Adobe" directory there if you don’t see it elsewhere in that folder.

The new plugin replaces an older version of the plugin (with the same name) that already exists in the Photodeluxe folder. If you do a search on the name of the plugin, you should be able to find it.

Good luck.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections