ImageReady CS2 error: Could not fully open the application. Personalization information is invalid.

HS
Posted By
Holly_Storm
Dec 5, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I am posting because Adobe is not offering tech support for CS2 and I cannot find this error for CS2 software, only CS.

I have been using CS2 for some time on the same machine (specs below, let me know if you need additional), and have had no problems. All of a sudden, I am getting the error: "Could not fully open the application. Personalization information is invalid." when opening ImageReady. Either jumping from Photoshop or opening from Applications.

I cannot reinstall, as I lost discs in a move, but it is valid software with valid serials, and registered, but no phone tech support! I would appreciate any help/advice/solutions greatly! Thanks.

Photoshop/ImageReady 9.0.2
Mac OSX 10.4.11
1.47 GHz PowerPC G4
1.25 GB SDRAM
Available Disc space: 24.91 GB
GeForce FX 5200

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 5, 2008
See if this works:

Look for a folder called "Adobe ImageReady CS2 Settings" in your Users/Library/Prefs. and pull a copy out and onto your Desktop (in case you need to rescue items from it later).

Then trash the contents of the original folder; empty the Trash; reboot and then see if Image Ready will launch.
HS
Holly_Storm
Dec 5, 2008
Ann,

No luck. Tried it twice, just in case. I have also repaired Permissions and rebooted. Any more suggestions?

Thanks. All is appreciated!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 6, 2008
Seems that you will either just have to find that CD and re-install … or Upgrade to CS4 and give-up on ImageReady.

🙁
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 6, 2008
Holly,

I cannot reinstall, as I lost discs in a move, but it is valid software with valid serials, and registered, but no phone tech support!

Call Adobe customer service. See what options are available.

Neil
HS
Holly_Storm
Dec 6, 2008
Neil and Ann,

I tried calling customer service today looking for a tech support number and was told that tech support is no longer offered for CS2! She told me to go to the forums at Adobe.com, which is how I ended up here.

My discs were lost in a move away from a roommate (along with some other things!), so there is no recovering them. I’ll call it the cost of my sanity.

I have an old version of Director, but it gets so involved. It would have been so easy to flip my simple graphics straight from Photoshop to ImageReady. Looks like I will have to though.

Thanks for the time and attention to my problem. I guess I should be thankful that I only lost ImageReady, which I use once in a blue moon anyway.

Best regards.
R
Ram
Dec 6, 2008
Holly, you need Customer Service, not "tech support". Yours is an installation issue, therefore a Customer Service issue.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 6, 2008
Holly,

Exactly. Tell ’em (the short story) what happened to the discs. Ask what they can do for you.

Neil
B
Buko
Dec 6, 2008
I cannot reinstall, as I lost discs in a move

This always blows my mind when I hear this. How can you be so careless You have just spent Hundreds of dollars on software and you "LOST" the disks?

Next thing you are going to tell us "I didn’t register my software because I don’t believe in it."

<sigh>
HS
Holly_Storm
Dec 6, 2008
HS
Holly_Storm
Dec 6, 2008
I will try calling customer service again. I thought it must be a bug or a corrupt file since it has been installed and working for almost 3 years now.

Again, thanks to everyone who actually read my posts and offered such helpful advice.

-Holly

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections