An Error has been deteced with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Pleas

BF
Posted By
Brendon_Ford
Feb 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’ve been getting the following error message:

An Error has been deteced with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application.

I reinstalled Photoshop twice. I tried renaming the paths, but there wern’t any extended characters anyway. I’ve run scandisk and spyware-removing software.

What is the problem here??

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Feb 5, 2007
does ps end at that point or can you get in by pressing an ok or something? maybe there’s a plugin that you removed that has some part still laying around. if so, the solution is to reinstall the plugin then remove it with control panel> add/remove programs.
BF
Brendon_Ford
Feb 6, 2007
No, I can’t get in at all. It just ends like that. Its photoshop cs2 btw.
L
LenHewitt
Feb 6, 2007
Brendon,

Have you tried deleting the Photoshop Preference file as per the forum FAQs? That’s the first thing to try when things go awry before delving any deeper into the problem.
BF
Brendon_Ford
Feb 7, 2007
Sorry I didn’t see that. I am unable to find any .psp file on my computer, and holding ALT-CTRL-SHIFT while starting Photoshop didn’t do anything.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 8, 2007
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.ef4a07f/1>

you have to be really quick with the crtl-alt-shift.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections