Posted By
Hagalas
Feb 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everyone!
I’ve upgraded my pc to core 2 duos and now I have the problem: my Photoshop “eats” all my virtual memory and all PF. Tried to install all the adobe updates? No use. Reinstalled my windows and steel nothing. Also reinstalled he Photoshop, nothing helped.
Im not the only person with such problems/ some of my friends using Acer notebooks on core 2 duo have the same problem.
My config :

Adobe Photoshop Version: 9.0.2 (9.0.2×296)
Operating System: Windows XP
Version: 5.1 Service Pack 2
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:15, Model:6, Stepping:4 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 1
Logical processor count: 2
Processor speed: 3412 MHz
Built-in memory: 1023 MB
Free memory: 5 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 908 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 30 %
Image cache levels: 6
Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\ Temporary file path: C:\DOCUME~1\Tcc\LOCALS~1\Temp\
Photoshop scratch has async I/O enabled
Scratch volume(s):
E:\, 110,0G, 75,5G free

P/s Photoshop 8 trial works fine

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Feb 4, 2007
What is your pagefile (virtual memory) size? With 1 GB of RAM, you should optimally have it set it to 2 GB initial, 2 GB maximum. If you have that as your setting, the total memory available is 3 GB. 30% of that is about 900 MB, which is what is allocated to Photoshop in your statistics. This leaves 2.1 GB for the OS and other apps. What’s the problem?
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Feb 4, 2007
With 1GB installed RAM and 908MB available to Photoshop, that means roughly 115MB is being used by the O/S and all other processes. That seems like a remarkably low memory utilization for any WinXP PC…am I wrong? On my Dell 9300 laptop with 2GB installed RAM, even if I boot it into Safe Mode, memory utilization is around 190MB. This leads me to wonder if something else is amiss with your PC, causing Photoshop to operate oddly.

Daryl
H
Hagalas
Feb 5, 2007
My page file is 3.5 gb.
The 30% was set just to heck if it would help.
when i look at the taskmanager i can see how my file grows in size. When its about 2gb (about in 20min) i cant work with my pc and have to close Photoshop. Even if im doing nothing in the program my memory is consumed+) The goal of the problem is that my photoshop doesent stop consuming memory.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 5, 2007
set the photoshop memory pct back to 55%.

try resetting the preferences (per the article in the forum FAQ).
P
PECourtejoie
Feb 5, 2007
Bad fonts? (the 9.01 or .02 updates were supposed to fix that.) Is Bridge Updated to the latest version?

So I guess that you also have an Acer Notebook. What processor, northbridge, etc?
R
ReadyLap
Feb 5, 2007
Hi people

I have the same problem as "Hagala"
Photoshop CS2 9.0.2 is consuming my memory
when even I just opening it.
The 1st time I installed Photoshop was all OK
but after formatting my windows due a virus
I cant get work normally Photoshop

I have an Laptop

Toshiba Satellite A100
Celeron M
512mb RAM
80gb HDD primary
200gb HDD second
WindowsXp SP2 CD disc from Toshiba

well what I know is it worked before with Photoshop CS2 9 well but now It dont even the 9.0.2 version

please help !

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections