BD
Posted By
Bob_Dunkerley
Jun 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Where do I find the folder containing the Fonts used in Elements? I would like to copy the fonts I use regularly into a separate folder and open this when I come to use the Type Tool.
BobD.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 9, 2004
Bob,

Elements doesn’t have its own stock of fonts … it just uses the ones you already have on your computer.

Wendy
WS
wm_sparkman
Jun 9, 2004
Hello:
ok, Where do I get fonts from? and where do I save them too? oh, I just opened my elements box and I am trying to break H-O-H (water)or (H2O) Do you know any good forums or web tutorials free or otherwise where I can get my hand held through the learning process?

Thank You, For any assistance that you may offer
Wm.
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 9, 2004
Wm.,

One place for free fonts is http://www.sketchpad.net/freefonts.htm

As for Photoshop/Elements tutorials, there’s no better place to start than Jay Arraich’s site:

http://www.arraich.com/elements/psE_intro.htm

Byron
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 9, 2004
Sparkman,

If on XP, just drag and drop your fonts into the folder labeled fonts to be found My computer< C:<Windows<Fonts. Most likely the Font folder would be in a similar location on other operating systems. Fonts can be bought or downloaded as Shareware or Freeware. Just do a Google Search on Fonts or Free + Fonts. Now, can’t recall what but there was a thread about problems if running more than 500 fonts.

Terri
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 9, 2004
Wm … you asked:

"Do we know any good forums" … well this one is good 🙂 …..

Try out a tutorial or two and if you get stuck just ask … there is always someone around who will help.

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 30, 2004
Elements doesn’t come with fonts. It uses the fonts that are already stored on your PC.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections