DC
Posted By
David_Cleveland
Feb 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This might seem like an odd problem and I’m not sure where the problem lies. When I use the Poly Lasso tool (in photoshop or fireworks), the tool seems to "snap" around while I’m trying to make a selection. By that I mean it’s not moving smoothly, making selections difficult. At work I don’t seem to have this problem and selection is much easier. Both computers have the same type of Microsoft mouse but the video cards are different. My home video card is a Radeon x800 xt and my work card is a Geforce Quadro 3450. This problem is troubling and I cant seem to figure out why it’s doing it. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, if anything isn’t clear, let me know.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 3, 2007
Not sure what "snapping around" means. You might try resetting the tool. You might try trashing/resetting preferences and you might really try using the Pen instead of the Polygonal Lasso to make selections. Much nicer and more versatile.
B
Bernie
Feb 4, 2007
Check the snap to settings in the view menu
C
chrisjbirchall
Feb 4, 2007
Sounds to me like you’re using the magnetic lasso when you meant to use the poly.
DC
David_Cleveland
Feb 4, 2007
I figured out what it was. I use a Microsoft Optical wheelmouse and under the mouse settings in the control panel there is a tab called "pointer options". The first section under that tab is "motion" where the user controls the speed of the mouse. Just below that slider is an unasuming check box called "enhance pointer precision". I turned that option on and it seems to have improved dramatically. Thanks for all the replie everyone.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections