Showing GUIDES in the Liquify Interface??

FN
Posted By
Ficholas_Norneris
Nov 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all, using Liquify – and while I love it, is there any way to show guides (or make guides) in the interface?

I use it to straighten edges of some fiber artwork portfolio shots, and it would be very handy.

Thanks,

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
J_Maloney
Nov 28, 2008
You could use the show backdrop feature to create them from actual painted guides.
FN
Ficholas_Norneris
Nov 28, 2008
That’s what I’ve been doing – using the 1 pixel wide marquee tool than stroking it with a 1 pixel wide cyan stroke to ‘make’ a guide – then showing that layer in back drop – just wondering if there was a more modular, interface-driven way to achieve the same result – I can’t be the only person using Liquify to straighten up ‘wavy’ edges on flat work, seems like there should be a way…
FN
Ficholas_Norneris
Nov 28, 2008
sorry, i meant Single Column Marquee Tool (and Single Row Marquee Tool)
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Nov 28, 2008
Liquify shouldn’t even be a separate dialog these days, should be integrated into the main app, liquify layers like smart objects
FN
Ficholas_Norneris
Dec 2, 2008
agreed, so it can have the same features as the regular interface..
FJ
Ficholas_J_Norneris
Dec 9, 2008
perhaps with scripting?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections