DD
Posted By
David_D._Werner
Nov 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using PSCS, running on a Mac G5 PPC, 4G RAM, using OS 10.3.9. My printer is an Epson 1280.

I’m trying to print Christmas cards. The paper is 7" x 10" with a crease across the middle for folding. Therefore, my actual paper size is 5" x 7." The photo needs to be landscape orientation.

I do not scale in Page Setup. Everything is set up in Print with Preview (PwP). In PwP there is an outer border & within that the "printable area" border, the bounding box.

The problem: The image is printed off-center, whether I check "Center Image" or "Scale to Fit Media." I notice that the Bounding Box has the same relationship to the outer border that the image has to the paper when printed.

PSCS apparently does not allow me to drag the bounding box inside the outer border to where I want it, even tho that’s what Help says. Two margins are fine. It’s the other two that’s the problem.

Epson’s print settings do not offer margin corrections, as far as I can tell.

If I have left anything out, let me know. Would appreciate any/all suggestions, as Santa will be here in no time!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DD
David_D._Werner
Nov 28, 2008
In addition, in the PwP image box @ upper left, I’m seeing the image this way: 1. The image, with or w/o the bounding box; 2. That border surrounding image/bounding box; 3. The outer box for all of the above. The problem is that #2 is off-center of #3.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Nov 28, 2008
Santa says to place your image in InDesign or Illustrator and center and print the image from there – try printing from an 8.5 x 11 document, giving you more control over placing where your image will print.
DD
David_D._Werner
Nov 28, 2008
Thanks, Santa.
DD
David_D._Werner
Dec 1, 2008
Hey, Santa! Rediscovered iPhoto! The old 1280 is chugging along, printing my cards. Thanks, Santa, for your expertise & time.

David

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections