K
Posted By
KhailaDerrington
Nov 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been printing all day and now am getting a message that I can’t print unless I install a printer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled printer to no avail. I have also uninstalled Photoshop CS4 and reinstalled it. I am getting the same message. I am able to print from other programs (Word) but not photoshop. What do I need to do next?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JD
jack_duganne
Dec 2, 2008
I had the same problem. I was able to finally, after about 6 hours of installing, uninstalling, new drivers, re-booting, new firmware, etc., to get it to work. I threw away my Photoshop settings file (Photoshop preferences) and restarted Photoshop and all finally worked! What a hassle!
LD
Linda_Dubbert
Dec 5, 2008
I, too, am getting this message from my newly-installed Photoshop CS4. I do not have any preferences saved (as far as I know).
I opened the same file in CS3, and it is able to print it just fine!
R
Ram
Dec 5, 2008
Linda,

There are always preferences saved. No way around that; there’s always a full set of preferences saved, even if they’re just the defaults. And preference files can get corrupted any time.

See the FAQs of this forum if you don’t know how to trash your preferences.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections