S
Posted By
spclark
Nov 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What’s with the new paint cursors in PS11/CS4?

I go to start retouching an image today & there’s a big, bright SPOTLIGHT in the center of my Healing Brush / Rubber Stamp cursors!

How the heck am I to keep my dark-adapted vision intact when I’m doing serious retouching in deep shadows with this stupid spotlight in the center of my vision / cursor?

No luck finding anything in HELP to turn this "feature" off or revert to what CS3 used to give me.

This common to ALL the brush cursors now? What happened to the simple cross hair I used to know & love?

I’m running a MacPro 2×3 GHz on 10.5.5 w/ 9 GB RAM

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SW
Scott_Weichert
Nov 26, 2008
Clone Source Panel > Uncheck "Show Overlay"
S
spclark
Nov 26, 2008
No, that wasn’t it… curiously! But thanks!

What’s Very Weird though is, I’d gone back to CS3 PS to do my work & when I restarted CSPS4 to look into your suggestion, the SPOTLIGHT was gone!

I like the "Show Overlay" feature well enough, for critical registration, but what I’d seen than prompted my post was an anomaly that – thankfully – somehow’s been resolved.

Hopefully it’ll never return, ’cause I don’t know what I did (other than a quit PS 11) that might have fixed it….

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections