CT
Posted By
christina_tompkins
Feb 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m positive that there is a way to do this, I just don’t know how. I am doing event photography and would like to be able to put the filename on each print. Is there a way to set this up as an action or as a script, so that I can batch all of my prints rather than typing the filename myself?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 1, 2007
There is a script for that. In CS it’s under File>Automate>Scripts. I imagine it’s similar in CS2.
CT
christina_tompkins
Feb 1, 2007
I don’t know anything about scripts. What is the script called?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 1, 2007
I have two. AddFileName and AddFileNamePlus. Maybe I downloaded them from the Adobe Exchange. I don’t remember.

You can run a script merely by choosing it in the menu, or you can make it part of an action.
DR
Danny_Raphael
Feb 3, 2007
For those not into the scripting thing here’s another method that can be recorded in an action, which can be invoked in batch:
* Open a sample image
* Record new action
* Automate > Picture Package ….Use Frontmost Image

…..Pick any package/format combo with as few individual pics as possible, e.g. (2) 5×7 …..Resolution that = your desired resolution
…..Specify File Name, font size, style, color, etc.
…..Do not flatten layere mages
* OK to launch Picture Pkg

PP will generate a layered file among whose layers will be at least one with the file name.

* Click on the Background of the Picture Package-created layer * Enter "Alt + ]" 2 times to select the Type layer * Right click and choose Rasterize Layer
* Select > All
* File > Close (don’t save)
* Edit > Paste (create new layer in original document with file name) * Select > All
* Layer > Align to selection > Bottom Edge
* Layer > Align to selection > Right Edge
* Select > Deselect
* Choose Move tool
* Drag file name into final position (no command recorded) * Select > All (records previous command) STOP recording * Delete last Select > All command. It’s not needed.

Ta-da. File name w/o a script. 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections