TP
Posted By
Tom_Phayre
Jun 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Have been using Elements two on the same computer ( pen 1.8-512 megs-80gig hard drive- win xp for about a year. Never had a problem. But out of the clear blue the unsharpe mask button freezes the entire program. I have performed an uninstall and used the restore function to go back to a time when it worked but to no avail. Any ideas.

Tom Phayre

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 7, 2004
Bet the dialogue box is off screen, waiting.

Does enter key apply it and free up program?

Mac
TP
Thomas_Phayre
Jun 7, 2004
Mac

Thank you for your assistance.

The enter key does unlock the program and allows the button to work. But I have to do this each time I want to use this feature

I do not understand what you mean by the dialogue box is off screen,waiting. How do I get things back to where they were?

Tom
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 8, 2004
try a delete preferences. Hold down ctrl+alt+delete the split sec after launching the program (need to be real quick) and say ‘;ya’ to the delete prefs question that pops up. See if that helps.
TP
Thomas_Phayre
Jun 8, 2004
Thank you for your suggestion. I can only get the scratch disk preference. I clicked ok. it is set on startup. Other than that task manager pops up consistently. Maybe I am not doing it fast enough. I will keep trying

Some how my question was deleted from the main board. Hence I am going to repost. But you can still respond to this. Ithink
TP
Thomas_Phayre
Jun 8, 2004
A previous responce was somehow deleted. That responce suggested that I click on the enter key after clicking on the unsharpen mask button. This worked. The pic was sharpened but I still have to click on enter. any ideas out there.

Tom
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 9, 2004
Your dialog box for unsharp mask is offscreen.
You’ve changed screen rez or maybe were using two monitors? The Enter is simply saying "yes" to the settings in the dialog box you can’t see.

Window/Reset Palette Locations *might* bring it back.

If not, change your screen rez to highest your card will allow. See the unsharp mask dialog box now?
Drag it back into main area.

This can happen with any dialog box.

Resetting prefs will work too, I think. But you do have to be quick with the 3 fingered salute. Here are both ways to do it:

============
Do one of the following to re-create the Elements Photoshop preferences file:

— Restart Photoshop Elements and immediately press Ctrl+Shift+Alt (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until you receive the message "Delete the Photoshop Elements Settings File?" Click Yes.

— Delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements [2.0] Prefs.psp file in the Windows/Application Data/Adobe/Photoshop Elements [2.0] Prefs folder. Mac OS, Drag the Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs file from the Users: [user name]: Library: Preferences: Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs folder to the Trash.
===========

Mac

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections