Modifying A Final Cut Pro 6 Video Frame (Or Frames) In Photoshop CS3 ?

IB
Posted By
Ian_Brown
Nov 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My method of doing this is very clumsy and I am sure there must be some more elegant way.

I export the frame as a still image and modify it in PS after which I import it back into FCP and put it on the track immediately above the original frame.

This works but is rather fiddly.

Is there a quicker and better way and whatever happened to that handy "Frame From Video" grabber that was part of PSE 2 ?

What about FCP’s "Open in Editor" command ? I have got PS listed under "video" but can’t seem to open a selected frame in PS.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
Mylenium
Nov 22, 2008
Mmh, depending on the situation, you may be able to resolve this via motion (if you have FCP Studio). You could build a template with a placeholder graphic, then edit that graphic in PS. Motion projects should even open in PS, as they are merely Quicktime containers. I’ve never tried that, though, as my situation is reversed – I need the studio only for Motion and DVDSP, but rarely touch FCP and it’s all running on an MBP, so guess how often I’m using it at all…. 😉

Mylenium
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Nov 22, 2008
Video Frames to Layer? Then in the time line do your thing then File export you have your option for video. see if any of it works for you.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections