Could not initialize Photoshop Elements…

DJ
Posted By
Duncan_Jeremy
Jun 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After installing Photoshop Elements 2.0, I was never able to start

the program, because it crashes with the message: "Could not initialize Photoshop Elements because of a program error".

Out of three user accounts on my PC, two have this problem, and one runs the program just fine. Of the two that can’t run the program, one is the admin account (mine) that installed the program (yes, with Antivirus disabled). I checked permissions on all the obvious folders and registry entries, but could not find the cause there. I also tried the Ctrl-Shift-Alt trick, but no luck.

BTW, my PC is rather clean – just Windows XP Pro, Norton Internet Security 2004 and Office 2003 installed on a freshly formatted hard disk. Only a printer and a scanner connected.

Anyone can help?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Jun 4, 2004
I’m assuming you are on Windows (because you mention the registry.

What I would try is uninstalling, cleaning up any files left behind, and then do a safe mode install.

Rich
DJ
Duncan_Jeremy
Jun 6, 2004
Yeah – Windows XP Professional SP1.
Did that already – no luck.

wrote in message
| I’m assuming you are on Windows (because you mention the registry. |
| What I would try is uninstalling, cleaning up any files left behind, and then do a safe mode install.
|
| Rich
DJ
Duncan_Jeremy
Jun 8, 2004
Yeah – Windows XP Professional SP1.
Did that already – no luck.

wrote in message
| I’m assuming you are on Windows (because you mention the registry. |
| What I would try is uninstalling, cleaning up any files left behind, and then do a safe mode install.
|
| Rich

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections