Posted By
Emma_L_McFaul
Nov 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
White Lines appear on Images in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Recently discover that on three different computers, while editing images in Adobe Photoshop CS3, white lines would appear on some of the images.
For example changing a image from a ‘.jpg’ to a “.psd” or size, or enchantment features, the white lines would appear on the image.
The lines did not appear on any of the printed images, any suggestions. Monitor: Sony Trintron Multiscan G4110
Computer: Mac G5

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 19, 2008
Video card problem perhaps?

Is the same card model used in all three computers?

Which OSX?
B
Buko
Nov 19, 2008
My guess would also be Video card.
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Nov 19, 2008
Yes when you get these kind of discrepancies its always the video card. Older ones that have had a lot of abuse. Or from what I’ve seen, the latest round of Imacs fairly new, seem to have this problem, Apple seem to have cut some corners there.
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 19, 2008
The lines did not appear on any of the printed images,

Although it is odd that three computers exhibit the same problem, and unless you can provide other coincidences (same files, same monitor, etc.), I agree. The video card is typically the culprit IF the image anomalies don’t print and if they move about with each image resizing or opening of a specific image. Check to see if it’s properly seated and connected. Same for monitor cable. Try swapping in another card.

One other thought: as this is a CRT monitor, what happens if you change the resolution and refresh rate? Are you using a recommended combination for that monitor?

Neil
D
DYP
Nov 19, 2008
Are you sure your not using CS4 with View/Show/Pixel Grid enabled?
EL
Emma_L_McFaul
Nov 20, 2008
Phase 1-
The same video card model is used in all three computers which is an GEForce 6600Le Display card, and the OS is Mac 10.4.11
Reseated the video card and used an Dell monitor and the images appear to have no white lines after editing and change file name.
Will update with more information when I can get to the rest of the computers, video cards, and cables.

Thank you,
Emma

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections