CH
Posted By
Cayleen_Haarala
Jun 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m not sure exactly where to post my question, so, I hope I’m in the right place. I am using a Mac. I have used a template on Appleworks to create a trifold brochure. As part of my brochure, I need to place my business logo. My logo was created in Photoshop Elements. I took a picture of a camera and cd’s. I "cut them out" of the background. Then I added text it. This is where the problem comes in. I try to place the logo onto the Appleworks brochure and it seems no matter which format it is in, the logo prints out terribly. I need to be able to save it in a format in which the background will be transparent and to which I can place in onto a Appleworks document and have it print out nice. The background on the Appleworks document is blue, that’s why the logo has to have a transparent background. By the way, I do have font smoothing turned on in my Appleworks program. Does anyone know how I can get my logo from Photoshop Elements onto my Appleworks brochure and still have it look nice? I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Cayleen

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 3, 2004
Cayleen, save your logo as a high-res pict file in PE. Appleworks respects the resolution of picts but tends to default back to 72 ppi for other formats. Also, if you are using appleworks 6.2.9, go to preferences>general>text and turn on "fractional character widths." That helps with graphics also.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 3, 2004
Oh, forgot. Appleworks doesn’t respect transparency. Get around that by using the eyedropper from PE to sample the color of your background and fill the logo background with that color with the paintbucket tool.
CH
Cayleen_Haarala
Jun 3, 2004
Thank you. I’ll give it a try.

Cayleen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections