JY
Posted By
John_Yacobian
Jun 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running Photoshop Elements 5.1 I am trying to use the clone stamp. I have, aligned and use all layers click on. When I try to define a source point on the photo, I right click on the mouse and brushes box comes up. When I left click to get rid of that box, another box comes up saying "could not complete your request because the area to clone has not been defined (alt-click to define a source point)" I am using windows xp. What is going on?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 3, 2004
John

<When I try to define a source point on the photo, I right click on the mouse and brushes box comes up.>

When you right click, you are getting a context menu for the brushes pallet. Remember you can use any brush to do cloning.

You need to hold the alt key located to the left of your spacebar and click where you want to clone from. Without holding the alt key in and pointing out by clicking a target area to copy from Elements doesn’t know what to copy thus the error message.

Terri
JY
John_Yacobian
Jun 3, 2004
Thanks. It seems clear now, obviously clear.

John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections