DB
Posted By
Dennis Brody
Aug 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve seen this discussed before, but since the Forum Search Engine does not seem to be working, I’ll ask it again: I am unable to open files from the "Open Recent Files" menu. The file names appear, but when clicked, nothing happens. This is a simple question… is there a simple answer"
Thanks! DB~

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 22, 2003
In my experience that happens when the file or folder containing the file has been renamed or moved. Are you saying that the file exists just as it was, but is not opening via Open Recent, but will open when you use File|Open?
DB
Dennis Brody
Aug 22, 2003
YrbkMgr- The files have not been renamed or moved. And yes, they do open normally when I use "File>Open." Interesting, huh?
DB~
DB
Dennis Brody
Aug 23, 2003
Tony- I tried your suggestions with a new file, and either way, it still will not open from "Recent Files." So, apparently the problem applies to all images. If you would like to throw up your hands and give-up on this one, feel free to do so. It’s not a very important glitch! (Though it is a curious one!)—
Thanks Again, DB~
DM
dave milbut
Aug 23, 2003
have you tried to reset the prefrences per the FAQ?
DB
Dennis Brody
Aug 24, 2003
Dave et al— Yes, resetting the preferences was the first thing I tried. No luck there either! DB~
DB
Dennis Brody
Aug 25, 2003
Just to add a little "relish" to the pickle, (excuse me), I tried again to reset the preferences and nothing happened after pressing CTL+ALT+SHIFT during loading this time… I didn’t get the usual warning window, and my original preferences were still intact! I tried to find the individual Adobe Preferences files, but could not. They seem to have disappeared as effectively as Osama Bin Laden. I won’t comment any further, (no need to waste everyone’s time): These are not MAJOR problems, but they are kind of interesting. Thanks everyone— I’ll live with this problem!
DB~
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 25, 2003
Dave,

The only reason I don’t reference the link is because I don’t think it has enough detail. How many times do folks say "I held them down but it didn’t do anything"?

I’m not sure I’m actually helping with my reply, but hopefully it cuts down on those who think they have reset their preferences yet have not.

Or not..<grin>
DM
dave milbut
Aug 25, 2003
hmm rereading it, yea you’re right. i think it need the location of the prefs file too, and the fact that it may be hidden and how to unhide files. i’ve tried your hold double click method under xp and nt and can’t get it to work for me. maybe it’s a 9x thing.
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 25, 2003
Hmmm.. maybe it IS a 9x thing. I’ve recommended it in the past and some have reported succes, but I don’t know their OS. Interesting.
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 28, 2003
Don’t forget to walk around the office counterclockwise three times <grin>.

Glad you’re back in business.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections