Posted By
Manolis_A._Gerasidis
Jan 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everybody,

is there some kind of plugin that will allow the creation of custom toolbars in Photoshop CS2 (something like the
older Extensis PhotoTools maybe)?

Thanks in advance

Manolis Gerasidis
www.gerasidis.gr

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Jan 27, 2007
Paging Pritchard!

🙂
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jan 28, 2007
LOL!

Sorry to say so Manolis, but no. At least there are no custom toolbar plug-ins I’m aware of that will integrate into the PS CS2 GUI the way PhotoBars did. Sadly, Adobe’s short-sightedness continues to reveal itself through the absence of customizable toolbars in the PS CS3 beta. The best I know to suggest is that you might try using a supplemental program that uses macros assigned to toolbar buttons for invoking defined keyboard shortcuts in PS. The drawback there is that you are limited to only the defined shortcuts and nothing more. In particular, there is a product called Macro Toolbar that I’ve found works reasonably well, although I admittedly do not use it with PS CS2 and instead fall back on the old-fashioned menu selection in conjunction with a few keyboard shortcuts that I’ve learned. If you visit the Photoshop page of my website at <http://ambress.com/photoshop> and scroll to the bottom of that page, you’ll find more info on Macro Toolbar and a few files that you can download from me to help give you something to experiment with. Macro Toolbar is a product from Pitrinec Software, not myself.

Regards,

Daryl
RK
Ronald Keller
Jan 29, 2007
Daryl,

The drawback there is that you are limited to only the defined shortcuts and nothing more.

True, but as one can define shortcuts for almost anything I nevertheless find Macro Toolbar very convenient.

(Thanks to you for pointing me in that direction!)
I use the toolbar since CS and when I occasionally help a friend on his computer, I miss it terribly 🙂

Regards,

Ronald
C
controltheweb
Feb 10, 2007
Is there a method or plugin that will allow ALL keyboard shortcuts to show in the menu system? (See also controltheweb, "Show all keyboard shortcuts" #, 10 Feb 2007 10:15 am </cgi-bin/webx?14>)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections