Ramsey_Callaway
Jan 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Essentials:

* Product: Photoshop 7.0
* User Experience Level: Beginner (not total newbie)

Problem:
I have a laptop and I also use a 20 inch LCD in dual-screen mode by doing this:

* Control Panel > Display > Settings > Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor

Often I will go to meetings or work from home in single-screen mode. When I am in single-screen mode after having used Photoshop in dual-screen mode I run into problems with all the dialog boxes that appear. For example, the main Photoshop window appears just fine inside my single screen. However, when I choose File > New… I expect to see this:

That dialog box does not appear within the screen!…it appears in the position that it was last in when I was in dual-screen mode. That means it is outside of the screen and I can’t figure out a way to get it back. It is not a full window, or I would be able to use a keystroke to put it in Move mode and move it back.

Anyone know how I can fix this when it happens without having to hook up the second monitor again?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 25, 2007
if window> reset palette locations doesn’t work, you’ll need to either hook up another monitor or reset your prefrences (per the faq). this was a problem in v7. it’s fixed now, i just can’t remember if they added force dialog on screen (the fix) in CS or CS2…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections