TH
Posted By
Troy_Hallisey
Nov 3, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Creative Suite 2 Premium installed (my company will be upgrading to CS4 in the next fiscal year). Recently Photoshop stopped working (it says Could not initialize Photoshop because the preference file is invalid (it has been deleted). I cant figure out how to fix it so I just want to re-install Photoshop, but not the rest of CS2 which works fine. When i put the CD in. I enter serial number, which then prompts me to enter serial number for an earlier version of photoshop 5.0 or later because it is an upgrade, I do that and then get to the install components screen and all the options are grayed out and I can’t selected anything. I dont know what to do. Please help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Nov 4, 2008
Just start up Photoshop and hold down Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS). You are prompted to delete the current settings.
TH
Troy_Hallisey
Nov 4, 2008
Thanks, but that still didn’t work. I am getting the same error.
B
Buko
Nov 4, 2008
Put everything CS2 in the trash and delete. that was/is the CS2 way. there is no clean script.

next time you install make sure you set your computer to never sleep.
TH
Troy_Hallisey
Nov 4, 2008
Thanks. I will try that
TH
Troy_Hallisey
Nov 4, 2008
OK, so I created a new user account on the same computer and photoshop opens/runs fine with that account. which tells me the install in ok and I don’t need to reinstall. There is something going on with my user account which is causing that error to occur. Has anyone else had this problem or know what to do?
B
Buko
Nov 4, 2008
An Archive and install of the OS will give you a fresh user account a fresh system and keep all settings and applications intact. Can’t say I’ve ever had your problem.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections