How to add text to a blank sign (keeping perspective)

KD
Posted By
Kristi_Dunn
Jan 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have a stock photo image of a blank street sign. The photo is taken at an angle from the signpost, rather than straight-on.

I’d like to add the text "Building Better Business." to this photo and make it appear as if it is actually printed on the sign.

I’ve mucked around with the perspective/skew/distort tools to try to accomplish this effect, and it looks halfway decent, but the beginning of the text is somewhat blurry. So I’d like to try again and end up with sharper text.

Is there an easier way to do this than simply playing around with perspective/skew, etc? I’m on Photoshop CS. I also have Illustrator so if this would be easier to accomplish in that program, by all means I’ll be happy to do it.

I hope someone can help! Here’s a link to the image I’ve created so far: <http://www.felicitytunes.com/sign.jpg>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Jan 24, 2007
So I’d like to try again and end up with sharper text.

Make sure the text is significantly larger than what it will end up on the sign before you rasterize it and apply the transform

And only apply one transofrm to get the text where you want it

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections