TP
Posted By
Taylor_Pratt
Jan 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Forgive me everyone, I’m a real n00b. I want to insert an image on a Photoshop project that I am working on but it won’t let me copy and paste one in, and I can’t find an option anywhere to insert an image. I’ve tried dragging and dropping but it just creates a new project. Any advice?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bernie
Jan 22, 2007
Open both images, bring the one you want copied to the front, select all, copy, close the image, paste into your project
TP
Taylor_Pratt
Jan 22, 2007
It won’t let me select the image. I tried going to Edit–>Select All but it isn’t there. I’ve tried just copying and pasting from the web too, and that doesn’t work either. Any other suggestions?
B
Bernie
Jan 22, 2007
Hum, can you describe exactly (step by step) what you see on the screen and what you are doing.
TP
Taylor_Pratt
Jan 22, 2007
Sure, I started off by creating a new document. Then I wanted to put a picture on it (actually I want to put a couple on there). I tried looking for an insert image option, and then I tried copying and pasting. For example, I right clicked on an image on the Web and copied it, and then tried to paste it on my document…but no luck.

Next I saved the image to my computer and tried to drag it and drop it onto the document, and it created a new document with just the image on it. I tried to copy and paste that but it won’t give me the option of cutting it or selecting it in the Edit menu.
B
Bernie
Jan 22, 2007
Did you try what I suggested in post #1

I tried to copy and paste that but it won’t give me the option of cutting it or selecting it in the Edit menu

Select all is in the Select Menu
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 22, 2007
Manual. Help files, etc.

Look at all the menu items to see where everything is.

Look up some tutorials and follow them.

Photoshop is professional software. You can’t just jump in and use it. You need to learn it.
TP
Taylor_Pratt
Jan 22, 2007
Cybernetic, you were right, I got it working. Thanks for the help.

My apologies Ed.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections