KL
Posted By
Kevin_Lennox
Jan 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am an amateur photographer looking for some advice whether to buy Elements or CS2. I like the the extensive functionality of CS2 but is it really worth the extra money over the cost of Elements? If I buy Elements, can I upgrade to CS2 later?

Some general advice would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CF
Cecil_Fuselier
Jan 22, 2007
I started with Elements 4, then upgraded to Elements 5 and then went to CS2 and could not be happier with the power of CS2 that I find myself using, and based on what I have read on this forum, there is a lot I have to learn. But I find using CS2 is much more powerful for me based on my needs. You can upgrade from 5 I think for a lot less than full version CS2 without upgrade.
Cecil
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 22, 2007
You have to buy the full version on Photoshop.
JW
John_Waller
Jan 22, 2007
I like the the extensive functionality of CS2 but is it really worth the extra money over the cost of Elements?

See if this article helps
http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/f/elementscompare .htm

The Adobe store indicates that an upgrade to Photoshop CS2 is available from Elements 4 or earlier. Not sure about Elements 5. Call Adobe to check. http://store.adobe.com/store/products/master.jhtml?id=catPho toshopUpgrade

Note: this Elements to CS2 upgrade path may end with CS2. i.e. don’t rely on it being available for CS3 due 2Q 2007.

Regards

John Waller
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 22, 2007
Oops! Sorry. As far as I know there was never an upgrade path from Elements to Photoshop previously. Well worth it.
O
Ozark58
Jan 22, 2007
wrote in message
You have to buy the full version on Photoshop.

Yes, Ed is correct. You’ll have to buy the full version.

I owned an older version of Elements and because of this, I was emailed a special limited time offer to purchase the full CS2 for $299. At the time, I suspected Adobe was dumping CS2 inventory to make room for a new upcoming version. I was apparently right about that, because shortly thereafter, CS3 beta testing was announced.

I purchased the CS2 deal even, though I suspected CS3 was at the doorstep and am not sorry I did that…in fact, I’m quite happy about it. The CS2 Photoshop package is great software.

Afterwards, I did upgrad my Elements software with the combo package of Photoshop Elements v5 and Premier v3, only because my Premiere Elements version 1 was in serious need of an upgade. Buying the Combo package was the cheapest way to get what I wanted and it also gave me a new Photo Album package. I really don’t use the Photoshop Elements part of the software anymore, I use CS2 instead .

If you own Elements and wanted CS2 I’d call Adobe and ask for a special deal. It can’t hurt to ask.
BL
Bob Levine
Jan 22, 2007
There have been offers in the past, but if you did the math you’d see that Adobe was simply giving you credit for the Elements purchase toward the full version. Still, better than nothing.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections