R
Posted By
rich6215
Jan 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was recently at a friends home helping her scan some pictures for a presentation. When I tried to save them, .jpg did not appear to be a supported file format. However, I was able to open exicting jpg files on her computer with photoshop.

Any suggestions on what we might be doing wrong?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 17, 2007
wrote in message
I was recently at a friends home helping her scan some pictures for a presentation. When I tried to save them, .jpg did not appear to be a supported file format. However, I was able to open exicting jpg files on her computer with photoshop.

Did you scan at 16 bit? You cannot save as jpg at this bit depth.

MH
B
bilglas
Jan 18, 2007
I was recently at a friends home helping her scan some pictures for a presentation. When I tried to save them, .jpg did not appear to be a supported file format. However, I was able to open exicting jpg files on her computer with photoshop. Any suggestions on what we might be doing wrong?

Make sure your images are *flattened* … can’t save layers in JPG format.

–bilglas
E
emaes1
Jan 18, 2007
I would suggest using the save as for web, photoshop will then give you the option to save as a jpg or gif.

gene
wrote in message

I
ilyich
Jan 19, 2007
wrote:
I was recently at a friends home helping her scan some pictures for a presentation. When I tried to save them, .jpg did not appear to be a supported file format.

Another possible reason besides being mentioned already could be that you scanned black and white (two colors) mode. Make sure that the mode is RGB, not anything else.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections