B
Posted By
bruce6
May 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using Adobe Photo Shop Business Edition 1.1 for several years and have loved it. Since Adobe abandoned BE 1.1, I purchased Elements. I find that the pictures are softer and darker than with BE 1.1. (same pictures scanned with the same scanner). Any suggestions on how I can improve my pictures in Elements? Thanks, Bruce Jackson

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jodi_Frye
May 26, 2004
I’m not familiar with the business adition but will tell you a little about Elements. It is a color managed program and Adobe was kind enough to give you ‘Adobe Gamma’ to calibrate your monitor for this particular program. If you are on PC you’ll find it in the Control Panel. Go through the steps to properly calibrate your monitor for color brightness/contrast etc… as far as images being soft that may have to do with image resolution.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 27, 2004
I have been using Adobe Photo Shop Business Edition 1.1

Sounds like PhotoDeluxe, actually?

Mac
B
bruce6
May 27, 2004
Hi Jody,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, the darkness problem is not with my monitor, but in the printing. I can scan the same picture into BE 1.1 and into Elements and the picture prints differently from each. The BE 1.1 is as bright and sharp as a film picture, but the Elements picture prints darker and is "softer", like slightly out of focus. I’ve tried to correct these defects by changing the brightness and the sharpness without success. I’m thinking there is something else I should be trying. Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Bruce
B
bruce6
May 27, 2004
Hi Mac,

You’re right!, It is PhotoDeluxe Business Edition 1.1

Thanks,

Bruce
LP
Lorrie_Prothero
May 28, 2004
BTW – there are different printing choices. I you go to the print preview, there are more options toward the bottom. Choose color management and then choose your printer out of the profile. Then select and intent for the outcome (Perceptual, Saturation, Relative Colormetric & Absolute colormetric) Read through the users manual to see which is which. I’ve been able to get the best results myself with the relative colormetric.
KE
K.eith_Oakes
Jul 24, 2004
To Bruce;

I am very interested in what you have to say about print resolution.

I have been using several programmes and several papers to try them out, but being careful to use the same image and same printer for all. I find that after comparing print outs using a 10"x 8", there is an enormous difference between one programme and paper than another. Photo Elements producing a much sharper image than BE. The best results by far were obtained by using the Kodak Easyshare programme which matches paper to printer. Why I don’t know, and would like to find out.
KE
K.eith_Oakes
Jul 27, 2004
For the attention of Lorrie Prothero.

Further to my message above, I have checked out my Photo DeLuxe Business edition version 1.01 and have been unable to find the option you mention. IE Color Management. This word as well as perceptual, saturation, relative colormetric and absolute colormetric are nowhere to be found in my edition. Are you sure you are quoting correctly ? If you are then please tell me where to find them.

K.O.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 27, 2004
That was all in reference to Elements, not PhotoDeluxe.

Mac

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections