Posted By
Duncan_Jeremy
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After installing Photoshop Elements 2.0, I was never able to start

the program, because it crashes with the message: "Could not initialize Photoshop Elements because of a program error".

Out of three user accounts on my PC, two have this problem, and one runs the program just fine. Of the two that can’t run the program, one is the admin account (mine) that installed the program (yes, with Antivirus disabled). I checked permissions on all the obvious folders and registry entries, but could not find the cause there. I also tried the Ctrl-Shift-Alt trick, but no luck.

BTW, my PC is rather clean – just Windows XP Pro, Norton Internet Security 2004 and Office 2003 installed on a freshly formatted hard disk. Only a printer and a scanner connected.

Anyone can help?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
May 20, 2004
Well, first thing to try always, is deleting prefs file, done that?

Do one of the following to re-create the Elements Photoshop preferences file:

— Restart Photoshop Elements and immediately press Ctrl+Shift+Alt (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until you receive the message "Delete the Photoshop Elements Settings File?" Click Yes.

— Delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements [2.0] Prefs.psp file in the Windows/Application Data/Adobe/Photoshop Elements [2.0] Prefs folder. Mac OS, Drag the Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs file from the Users: [user name]: Library: Preferences: Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs folder to the Trash.

Mac
DJ
Duncan_Jeremy
May 21, 2004
Yeah, I’ve done that. No luck.

wrote in message
| Well, first thing to try always, is deleting prefs file, done that? |
| Do one of the following to re-create the Elements Photoshop preferences | file:
|
| — Restart Photoshop Elements and immediately press Ctrl+Shift+Alt | (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until you receive the message | "Delete the Photoshop Elements Settings File?" Click Yes. |
| — Delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements [2.0] Prefs.psp file in the | Windows/Application Data/Adobe/Photoshop Elements [2.0] Prefs folder. Mac | OS, Drag the Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs file from the Users: [user | name]: Library: Preferences: Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs folder to the | Trash.
|
| Mac

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections