PA
Posted By
Philip_A_Smith
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I don’t seem to have “Enable advanced TIFF save options” available in the Edit > Preferences > Saving Files dialogue.
Any thoughts on this?
(I’m using Elements 2 in Windows XP)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RR
Raymond Robillard
May 20, 2004
What happens when you try to save a TIFF file? My PSE 2 offers the options right after I click on Save (when I choose the TIFF format of course), in a separate dialog box.

Ray
PA
Philip_A_Smith
May 20, 2004
Yes, you’re quite right, I do get the compression options then. I was looking to change those options in the Edit > Preferences > Saving Files dialogue as stated in the manual.
Thanks for your help.
FV
Frank_Van_Alstine
Jun 16, 2004
I too am wondering where the "Enable advanced TIFF save options" box is. Without this, one cannot batch process files and and automate the process to save as compressed TIFF files, a big pain in the butt. I called Adobe Tech support about this and just got a runaround from them. They would not even admit that the option is supposed to exist in the Edit>Preferences>Saving Files options window as per page 233 of the owners manual and repeated in the help files on line. What gives and is there a workaround? Thanks
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 16, 2004
Manual is wrong, help file is wrong.
Only "layered TIFF" notice is available.

This has come up before.
You’ll need another program to batch save to TIFF with LZW.

M
BL
Bonnie_L.
Jun 16, 2004
Problem with TIFF:
I scanned a lot of 35mm slides to TIFF. How do I get them into PE2 for editing.? I upgraded Windows to XP Home and get lost when I try to get home to PE2.
Bonnie L.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 17, 2004
File/Open works great on TIFF images!

Mac
BL
Bonnie_L.
Jun 17, 2004
Mac
Thanks for your reply but I couldn’t get to File/Open. However the solution turned up in Properties – a little word called CHANGE ..for the benefit of anybody else who has the same problem.
Bonnie L.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections