Anybody else having problems with Tiffen DFX 2?

RM
Posted By
Robert_Meador
Nov 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently upgraded my Tiffen DFX to version 2 (Photoshop) and have run into a couple of problems. I thought it would be worth seeing if anyone else is experiencing the same. If you don’t know DFX, it’s a very cool and actually useful set of photographic correction and effect filters. The new Photoshop version brings most of the features from the standalone (layering, masks) into Photoshop, making it finally actually useful.

The first problem I noticed was color calibration. When I choose DFX from the filter menu, the preview is noticeably more saturated and contrasty than the image in Photoshop, making it difficult to do accurate work. There don’t seem to be any settings in DFX to allow fixing of this.

The second problem comes when trying to load a saved "Setup" – Tiffen’s terminology for a preset of settings that I previously saved. Saving them works fine – go to File->Save Preset, navigate the very non-standard file dialog, and save. But any attempt to File->Load Setup causes DFX to freeze and requires a force-quit of Photoshop.

I have support requests in to Tiffen, but would love to know if any other DFX users have the same problems.

My specifics: MacBook Pro running 10.5.5, PS CS3 10.0.1, not sure what else might be relevant.

– Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections