Removing Date/Timestamp from photographs.

MD
Posted By
martyn_daly
May 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just returned from a holiday in egypt with a memory card full of pictures. Unfortunately i noticed that the show date/time option had been set on my camera. This is not such a problem with 6×4 prints but there are a few that i would like to blow up to much larger sizes (a5). The date/time stamp appears quite prominently in orange and spoils the effect of my pictures.

Can any of you people out there advise me if i could ‘remove’ the date/time stamp using Photshop Elements 2 (i am a novice at this) without spoiling the overall picture.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. otherwise i will just have to go back there and take some more pictures without the date/time stamp on!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MM
Mac_McDougald
May 17, 2004
Get hip with the clone stamp tool.
It’s the only practical way to do it (and can do it very well, actually).

Mac
MD
martyn_daly
May 17, 2004
Mac

thanks for the prompt answer. I will try that method

Martyn
J
jhjl1
May 17, 2004
Most cameras put the stamp in one corner of the image. If that is the case with your photos you may be able to crop the image slightly to get rid of the stamp without losing too much valuable info.

Have A Nice Day, πŸ™‚
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
I have just returned from a holiday in egypt with a memory card full
of pictures. Unfortunately i noticed that the show date/time option had been set on my camera. This is not such a problem with 6×4 prints but there are a few that i would like to blow up to much larger sizes (a5). The date/time stamp appears quite prominently in orange and spoils the effect of my pictures.
Can any of you people out there advise me if i could ‘remove’ the
date/time stamp using Photshop Elements 2 (i am a novice at this) without spoiling the overall picture.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.. otherwise i will just have to
go back there and take some more pictures without the date/time stamp on!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections