MJ
Posted By
Michael_J_Reeves
May 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I run under WinXP and am trying to understand which colour management settings to use. I have found a list of profiles under Canon printer properties via the control panel. If I wish to use one of them, say CNBJPRN2, what settings do I use in PE file preview and edit colour settings and in the Canon print window? Conversely, if I want to use a profile in PE, say Canon i965 PR1 what settings do I use?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
brent_bertram
May 13, 2004
Michael,

Ian Lyons’ has an essay on the subject ( unfortunately for you, using the Epson driver, mostly) at < http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7_print/ps7_print_mac_2.h tm> .
You may gain some wisdom from it and answer your own question. There’s hope . <G>

🙂

Brent
MJ
Michael_J_Reeves
May 14, 2004
Thanks Brent. I think that the fog is starting to lift. To my simple mind, it seems to be that if you’re using the default printer profile, it’s "Same as source" and Enable ICM in the print properties. If you’re using the Document source profile, it’s "Printer colour management" and Enable ICM. If you’re using a PE ICC profile it’s no ICM.
BUT what still puzzles me is what colour settings to use under Edit, and when.
BB
brent_bertram
May 14, 2004
The color choices under edit largely depend upon what the intention of your work is. If you are working on websites, you’d possibly select "limited color management" because that way your workspace is sRGB ( also necessary for most HP Photoprinters ) . If your predominant purpose is inkjet printing, then select "full color management" so you’ll have the AdobeRGB colorspace for editting ( a wider color gamut than sRGB ) . The AdobeRGB colorspace is a better match for your photo inkjet than is sRGB .

A mighty interesting site for your perusal, besides Ian Lyons’ site, is the site of photographer Norman Koren, check it out, it’s huge, and it’s a good learning experience.
<http://www.normankoren.com/color_management.html>

🙂

Brent

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections