Posted By
Ralph_Eisenberg
Oct 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A few questions :

1. Is there any keyboard shortcut for accessing the pointing finger?

2. Previously when I had an adjustment layer dialogue box open, I could access the fields of the dialogue box by using the tab keystroke. Now, if I have open an HSL panel, for example, and press tab, my tools and various panels of course hide or become visible, making it necessary each time to click in the appropriate field first. Can this be avoided?

3. When in Curves, Standard view, arrow keys are in 2 step increments, in Expanded view the increments are 1 step. Is this as it should be (my preference for the latter)?

4. At least once each week I’m in the field shooting portraits and printing them out from my Macbook Pro. Screen real estate is at a premium and sometimes the panels just aren’t configurable enough (vertically). It is impossible to adjust them comfortably. Also, a few versions ago of PS, the ‘Fit on Screen’ took into account palette and toolbox location (not CS3) and adjusted size accordingly (unless this was serendipitous). Is there any way to get this back in CS4, now that all Preview sizes can be displayed so flawlessly?

5. Is the mourning for the keyboard shortcuts for Curves point navigation irreversible, or will there be a reprieve? On the French portable keyboard, the + and – keystrokes are awkwardly placed and it is very difficult if not impossible to use them in a coordinated way with the arrow keys (at least for me).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RE
Ralph_Eisenberg
Oct 26, 2008

6. When you change from the Standard to the Expanded view of the Curves adjustment panel, or vice-versa, if the ‘pointing finger’ was active, it no longer is, requiring a further click. Is this as intended?

It seems that ‘Fit on Screen’ works, I have learned, in Standard Screen mode, and takes into account palette locations. It would be nice to have this feature in Full Screen mode.

Finally, all the above are very minor points given what PS CS4 and Bridge CS4 deliver.
RE
Ralph_Eisenberg
Oct 30, 2008
Feedback in regard to the possibility of accessing the pointing finger from the keyboard of the Curves adjustment panel (among others), would be appreciated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections