PE
Posted By
Peter_Ellis
May 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using Photoshop Elements 1.0 on a Windows 98 machine very happily. I have recently upgraded to Windows XP, and now, although Photoshop appears to be installed correctly, whenever I try to start the application I simply get a message which says "Could not complete your request because of missing or invalid personalization information"

This problem is described in Knowledgebase document 328765, but neither of the two solutions given in that document work (the serial number is correct in the registry, and the .sif file is present)

Can anyone help me please?

Peter Ellis (UK)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AR
andrea_romero
Jul 16, 2004
I have the same EXACT problem and both solutions are already correct as well. I am getting so frustrated with this. I need to access this program. Adobe surely doesn’t respond to any emails. Can anyone HELP?!
TS
Trish_Sulzberger
Jul 17, 2004
Me too! Same problem… Although- where are you getting these ‘fixes’ from? I’m such a newbie at this. I need this fixed asap, its ruining my client base for my web design business.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 17, 2004
Did you call Adobe? Every user of a paid version (not an OEM) is entitled to one free tech call. If you’re loosing money over an issue, don’t waste time and call them.

Ray
AR
andrea_romero
Jul 18, 2004
Does anyone know what the entries should look like in regedit. That might clear something up if I am missing a key or data value.
TS
Trish_Sulzberger
Jul 18, 2004
oem? you lost me there… and i’m not sure if i’m entitled or not- the computer came with it ‘installed’ as it was a demo model in a store… i’ve been fine for awhile now (6 mo. maybe?) but i don’t think it was ever registered in the first place and i never got a cd or any software paperwork with it! i’m worried i’m going to have to bite the bullet and just repurchase.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 18, 2004
Trish,

OEM means that it came with a piece of hardware (scanner, digital camera, etc.) In your case, it’s different because it came with the computer. You didn’t buy it, or didn’t came with some hardware. And you have no CD.. You can’t reinstall neither.

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections