RR
Posted By
Robert Riehl
May 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. Can someone please tell me how to zoom a portion of an image?

TIA

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RM
Ron Minler
May 10, 2004
Click on the zoom tool, (the magnifying glass), in the tool box and then draw a rectangle around what you want to magnify.
Also the people on adobeforums.com don’t see the posts via a newsgroup. If you want to post on the adobe news group for everyone to see go to this link and register.

http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

"Robert Riehl" wrote in message
I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. Can someone please
tell
me how to zoom a portion of an image?

TIA

RR
Robert Riehl
May 11, 2004
No, what I need to do is leave the image intact but zoom just a portion. For example, let’s say you had a photo of a cow in front of a store. Now, I want zoom the name of the store but leave the rest of the photo in proportion…

Am I making sense?

"Ron Minler" wrote in message
Click on the zoom tool, (the magnifying glass), in the tool box and then draw a rectangle around what you want to magnify.
Also the people on adobeforums.com don’t see the posts via a newsgroup.
If
you want to post on the adobe news group for everyone to see go to this
link
and register.

http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

"Robert Riehl" wrote in message
I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. Can someone please
tell
me how to zoom a portion of an image?

TIA

JW
JP White
May 12, 2004
Robert Riehl wrote:

No, what I need to do is leave the image intact but zoom just a portion. For example, let’s say you had a photo of a cow in front of a store. Now, I want zoom the name of the store but leave the rest of the photo in proportion…

Am I making sense?
I know what you mean.

There is no easy way to do this with the zoom tool I am aware of.

There are several tools in Photoshop that effectively do what you want to do. For instance if you select the unsharp mask filter it will create a small blown-up portion of the image and as you click around the original image you will see the unsharp dialog change to reflect the new position.

This is kinda sorta what you are after, but while it’s open you can’t do any other tasks to the image until you close and/or cancel the unsharp mask. Also you can’t change the amount of zoom it utilizes.

You can do the opposite of what you want by zooming in close while you have the navigator tab open.

Sorry not to be of more help.

JP
JL
Jim Lloyd
May 12, 2004
"JP White" wrote in message
Robert Riehl wrote:

No, what I need to do is leave the image intact but zoom just a portion. For example, let’s say you had a photo of a cow in front of a store.
Now, I
want zoom the name of the store but leave the rest of the photo in proportion…

Am I making sense?

Robert… I think I understand. In your example, try making a selection of just the sign. Then create a new layer out of the selection. You should then be able to paste your new sign layer onto the original (or an invisable layer) and change the size of your newly pasted selection.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections